The Intersection of the SEC Cybersecurity Disclosure and NIST CSF:
The new SEC Cybersecurity Disclosure Rule requires public companies to disclose their cybersecurity risks and practices. It requires companies to assess their cybersecurity risks, annually report on their cybersecurity program, and disclose material incidents. NIST CSF can help. With appropriate implementation of the Respond (RS) function, NIST CSF helps support compliance with adequate response measures in place to disclosure incidents in a timely manner.
If you are an organization that is required to comply with the SEC Cybersecurity Disclosure, or if you are simply interested in improving your cybersecurity posture, then a NIST CSF assessment can help you. A NIST CSF assessment can help you to:
- Understand your cybersecurity risks
- Identify gaps in your cybersecurity controls
- Implement appropriate controls to mitigate your risks
- Document your cybersecurity practices
- Prepare for the SEC Cybersecurity Disclosure